We believe that to deliver a lasting route out of homelessness, our guests need to be supported to not only find more stable accommodation, but also to help them to rebuild their lives.
Our guests can stay with us for periods that can be a few days or several months. The length of their stay with us depends upon their particular circumstances and how quickly we can find alternative more stable accommodation for them.
Many of our guests are vulnerable because of ill-health or circumstances such as family breakdown. Our Advocate Workers assess their needs and work to access the services guests need to help them rebuild their lives and, where possible, move into more stable accommodation.
Our guests are referred by other homeless organisations and charities. Although we would love to help people who approach us directly, the nature of the shelter means we have to ensure guests are able to manage a shelter environment and are ready to move forward in their lives.
REFERRALS AND ASSESSMENT
- We are unable to accept self-referrals or walk ins. Homeless charities and organisations refer potential guests to the Shelter. If you are a service that would like to partner with us as a referral agency, please contact [email protected]
- Our Advocate Workers meet with every potential guest to assess their suitability for the night shelter environment and to ascertain whether we will be able to meet their needs
- We support people to find more stable accommodation wherever possible, which can be through partnerships with housing associations, private landlords, migrant hosting services, other homeless service providers. If you are a housing provider, homeless support agency or landlord who may be able to offer move-on accommodation, please contact our Advocate Workers to discuss your provision
- Our Advocate Workers signpost and help people to access a wide range of other services and support according to individual need
- We work closely with our guests to support them when they move into new accommodation and ensure that when necessary, ongoing support is in place