It's thanks to our fundraisers that homeless people can access services to leave homelessness behind for good.
Staff, students and parents in your school or college community can play their part.
The opportunities are endless, from simply organising a collection to completing a sponsored challenge with classmates, students, parents or the local community.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Cake sale - an old classic. A chance for the bakers amongst us to do what they do best and provide some treats. Everyone loves buying baked goods and even better, the money raised will go to a great cause.
- Dress down day - a great one for both students and staff to get involved with. Ask for a donation from anyone not using their usual dress
- Hold a film night - you could show a film for the whole school or university to watch. Charge an entrance fee which can be donated to us.
- Quiz night - one for the whole community. Invite students, staff and parents to pay to enter the quiz. You could ask for a donation of prizes to award the winning team.
- Sell a skill – Organise an auction for staff, parents or students to donate their skill for others. From painting a kitchen, to taking a family portrait or providing a three course dinner.
If you would like someone to come and give a talk about homelessness and the night shelter at your school or college, please contact [email protected].