Helping our guests get their lives back on track is central to our work. It's thanks to our fundraisers that homeless people can access services to leave it behind for good.
Staff, customers, colleagues and family can play their part.
The opportunities are endless, from simply organising a collection to completing a sponsored challenge.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Bake off - an old classic. A chance for the bakers amongst us to do what they do best and provide some treats. Everyone loves buying baked goods and even better, the money raised will go to a great cause.
- Sponsored sports challenge – Whether it’s a Tough Mudder, hike or a sponsored swim, it’s a great way to get everyone involved and raising money for Hackney Winter Night Shelter.
- Give something up- a great way to give up a vice and raise money in doing so. Ask for a donation to see how long you can hold out for.
- Live music night - you could get a band for the team to watch, or you may even have performers among you. Charge an entrance fee which can be donated to us.
- Quiz night - one for everyone, invite the team and their friends to pay to enter the quiz. You could ask for a donation of prizes to award the winning team.
We truly appreciate the support of local companies and businesses who fundraise for the night shelter. Some recent examples have included
- MTM London who completed the incredibly challenging Tough Mudder
- House of Hackney who donated ticket sales revenue from their Sample Sale
- The Windsor Castle Closing Parties - who put buckets on their bar and sold tickets in aid of Hackney Winter Night Shelter, featuring DJs such as JamieXX
- ILoveChatsworth magazine who dedicated a page in their magazine to raise funds for the Charity