You don't have to join a special event to fundraise. We welcome supporters holding their own fundraising events, it all helps to make our work possible
There are so many ways that you can fundraise to suit you, and encourage friends and family to dig deep to help us help the homeless.
Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Bake off - nominate a judge then challenge your friends and family to bake. The goods can be sold for a donation to the Shelter.
- Dine off - reach new gastronomic heights and channel your competitive side by organising your own dine-off. Take turns hosting dinner parties and ask your friends to donate the value of the meal.
- Film night - a great event for people of all ages. Choose a film to show in your home and charge people to come and watch it. You can even sell snacks and drinks to boost your fundraising total.
- Give something up - get sponsored to go without something you can't live without!
- Sell a skill - we know our fundraisers are an extremely talented bunch. Are you talented in arts, crafts, music, languages or anything else? Offer your friends a masterclass in it in exchange for a donation to the Shelter.
Publicise your event
Let us know that what you are doing ahead of time so that the Shelter can help promote and celebrate your amazing efforts.
You may also want to inform local press that your event is happening, as well as promoting through social media, flyers and posters. Ensure you include details of what the event is, where it is happening, how people can support and help you raise funds, with good quality images and using our logo.